Thursday, May 26, 2011

Answer to my previous question: Prandals


The common question: Paris or Randal trucks? I have been riding my Bhangra with some Paris 180mm for quite some time, and until my Vanguard broke, I was riding 50 degree Randal 180s. Well, I couldn't really decide what I wanted to try on the Bhangra now that I had some gear freed up.

Essentially I was like "pshhhh" and decided to run Prandals (meaning Paris hangars on Randal base plates). Well, when I first did it I was expecting to notice any sort of difference. I mean, they're both 180mm hangars and supposedly both 50 degree baseplates (though some companies measure their geometry differently than others). I kept the same bushing combo as I had on before: Venom SHR 85a cone roadside and 87a barrel boardside.

To my surprise, I was able to notice quite a significant difference in the boards handling. It is kind of difficult to explain, but I'll try my best. It seemed as though the board had a more stable center of balance, meaning that it was less prone to turn when putting just a little weight from side to side. Once the turn was initiated, however, it would turn quite quick. It was liking riding straight, then I shift my weight just past a certain threshold and "woooooosh" the board would turn. It took a bit of getting used to, but I like it. And for right now, I'll keep running the Prandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment