Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sickspits at Whole Earth Festival

Here are a few of my favorite shots that I took at the Sickspits peotry/spoken word/rap performance at the Whole Earth Festival this year.
Here is Eden (if i remember her name correctly). She was really great. I ran into her later on in the night and she was full of so much energy; I loved it.
Here is one of my friends, Anthony, reading an extremely well done poem to a captive audience.
This girl, my god...she spilled out everything on the stage. Ended up crying, but stayed up there and continue talking. This was one of the most powerful things that I saw during the weekend.

On another note, my good friend, Mannie, does a lot of the organizing for Sickspits in Davis. There is a poetry slam event tomorrow (Friday the 20th) at the UC Davis Art Annex (aka the Technocultural studies building) that you NEED to go to. Trust me, you'll be sorry if you miss this. It's about to be rad. Heres the facebook event page, yo:

see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment