Monday, February 7, 2011

You Can Hike Near Davis???


I know, I was surprised too, but yesterday (Sunday) I went with a group of fellow wildlifers to go hiking in Stebbins Canyon Reserve, which as it turns out is probably about 25 minutes away by car. So, since I rarely drive anywhere, that means its only an hour or so away by bike! I fully intend to head back there at some point while the weather is still this gorgeous.

Anyways, it was a beautiful day and I got to see a bunch of new herps and birds. Got to see a Lewis's Woodpecker for the first time which I was super stoked on! The coloring was magnificent.

So, over the next couple of days, don't be surprised to see some wildlife popping up on here. At the moment, here is a shot from the top of the ridge, looking out towards lake Berryessa.

No comments:

Post a Comment