Sunday, February 6, 2011

Climbing Trees


Early yesterday morning I decided to go on a nice photo adventure to get some more shots. Around 8ish or so, I stopped in the UC Davis quad and had the sudden urge to climb one of the trees. This is fairly common for me, so I take off my shoes, jacket, backpack and all other things unnecessary and head up one of the red woods. Well, I just kind of kept climbing and before I knew it, I was at the top.

At the top of this tree was almost like a miniature shrine. The tree forms this natural seat a few feet from the top where someone carved a heart and "live." There were also various trinkets and things such as a bell and a piece of cloth. I intend on going back to leave on of my many bandannas up there.

It was so serene up there. Breezy too. A little bit frightening. But very, very necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment