Friday, November 26, 2010

It's A Lot of Money


But it's going to go somewhere good. I have been in a bit of a musical funk recently, trying to grope around in the dark, searching for some sort of style to call my own. So far, It has been rather unsuccessful. I'm hoping this will take me out of that funk and put me back on the right track.

I read an interesting article lately, about minimalist living and the possessions we own. It was from a different perspective than I was used to. Instead of saying that we should get rid of our possessions and learn to live and love without them, it said the we need to learn to love the possessions we have. There is so much waste generated by the idea the we always have to have the new gadget on the market, when really, that gadget is just going to get replaced later by some newer toy. I admit, I have fallen subject to this trend before, but now, as I am slowly trying to rule out the unnecessary in my life, I have taken some serious time to consider what really is necessary and what items will be with me years down the road.

Now, I know music will be with me, but I really don't know what form it will take in a few years, or really, in a weeks. I can only hope that this new guitar will be one that will last me the years to come, and that it will take my music to different places.

Never stop doing what you love. Never stop creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment