Friday, April 23, 2010

Philosophy

So I had a miniature epiphany in philosophy discussion today when we were talking about russell's paradox and a girl brought up the question "What is the point of this?" The teacher continued to try and B.S. his way through some answer with critical thinking and whatnot, but then it dawned on me...What I'm learning in philosophy now will probably never affect my life again, and if it does, it will be in some ridiculously infinitesimal way.

So why bother? I don't know. I've lost all interest in the class, but I will continue to try and get a good grade in it regardless.

There's a lot of knowledge out there. Some of which is completely useless to the individual, but I suppose it all depends on who you are. I've decided that philosophy falls into the completely useless category for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment